Spotlight on the SDA
[19/04/17] If you need a robust, continuous, comprehensive gas monitoring solution for your diving system or decompression chamber, the SDA range from Analox Military Systems is for you.
Find out more about where it can be used and the gases it monitors, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Where is the SDA range used?
The SDA range is predominantly used in the following industries:
- Air/surface supplied diving
- Saturation diving
- Decompression chambers
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) chambers
In air diving, the SDA O2 can be used to monitor the air which is supplied to divers to make sure that the level of oxygen supplied to divers is correct, which is important if divers are using a blended gas like nitrox or heliox. SDA monitors can also be used in decompression chambers which need to be used if a diver surfaces too quickly and is at risk of decompression sickness.
The SDA range can also be used with a flow adaptor to measure the gas mixture in diving cylinders.
Although more commercial than military, saturation divers work at great depths for long periods of time, and live in a pressurised environment in order to prevent being repeatedly decompressed. O2, pressure, CO2 and He as well as temperature and humidity need to be monitored in order to provide a comfortable, safe environment for divers.
In Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) chambers, levels of oxygen need to be maintained as too high levels of oxygen can cause a fire hazard, or potentially cause oxygen toxicity which can cause nerve or brain damage. Pressure also needs to be maintained as pressure is increased in a HBOT chamber in order to allow the body to absorb more oxygen.
Which gases does the SDA range monitor?
The SDA range consist of gas monitors which independently monitor different gases and conditions.
- Oxygen (O2) - our standard model measures oxygen in mbar. The newest addition to the SDA range is the SDA O2 Dual, a monitor which measures oxygen in both partial pressure and percent volume, ensuring that complicated conversion calculations do not need to be made.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Helium (He)
- Pressure/Depth - not only do we offer a simple pressure which measures in feet of seawater/meters of seawater, but we also offer a ‘rate of change’ monitor which determines the rate at which pressure is changing
- Temperature and humidity
Combinations of these different monitors can be networked together if you need to be able to monitor different gases at the same time.
The benefits of the SDA range includes:
- A large full colour display - for easily viewing measurements at all times. The SDA O2 Dual also measures in both partial pressure and % volume, ensuring that you don’t have to make calculations yourself and risk error
- Can be panel or rack mounted - meaning that the SDA range can be worked around your existing setup
- Can be networked together - in order to provide a comprehensive safety solution
- Calibration and sensor change reminders - you can calibrate and change the sensors in the SDA range yourself, without having to send it back
- Datalogging is available as an optional extra - ensuring that if anything happens, you have records for investigation after the event
- Compliant with DNV, IMCA, Lloyds, ABS and ADCi requirements - meaning that you can be confident in the accuracy and reliability of the SDA range
Want to know more about the SDA range?
If you’d like to know more about our SDA range and how it can fit your requirements, please contact us for more information.