ACG+ Multi-Gas Detector
The ACG+ is a unique compressed breathing air analyser, or air quality monitor designed to be used either in a fixed installation near your air compressor or as an ideal portable solution for multi-point air monitoring. It ensures that the compressed breathing air delivered to your divers is clean and safe at all times.
Why monitor breathing air quality?
It is important to use an air quality monitor so that a user of compressed breathing air can ensure that what they are inhaling is safe and as intended. :
- Carbon monoxide (CO) - a highly toxic gas which is odourless, colourless and has no taste. It can enter the breathing air system through the air intake and can be produced by overheating of compressors or a breakdown of the lubricating oil within the compressor (pyrolysis)
- Oxygen (O2) - reduced levels of oxygen can be caused by contamination of other gases, incorrect pre-mixed gas and partial combustion of oil. Low oxygen levels can cause symptoms such as dizziness and impaired judgement
- Water (H2O) - water vapour in a breathing air system can freeze, blocking air flow to the user, or combine with oil or other solid contaminants to cause sludge which can clog or damage system components
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) - a colourless, odourless gas with no taste, carbon dioxide levels can rise when air filter systems fail, there is leakage from storage or vehicle exhaust emissions build up
- Oil mist - the lubrication of parts in compressors is required to minimise frictional heating and wear and tear. Excess oil mist can cause breathing discomfort as well as sickness and pneumonia
Click the links below to find out more about the specific applications for the ACG+